Saturday 16 April 2011

16th April 2011

          Firstly, I'd like to say good luck to everyone in action tomorrow, whether in the London Marathon or the Sara Killey Memorial. Whatever happens, enjoy competing, and i hope you achieve your goals.

       Bad news for me though, a last minute rush here in Barrow means I'm needed here in the morning for work and I won't be finished until lunchtime, no chance to get to Sheffield before the Northern 10k starts at 2.30pm. It's being held as a joint race with the Jeff Ford Memorial open 10k with competitors coming from all over the UK, which would have been good training and interesting to be up against some of the UK's better short distance walkers. Yorkshire Race Walking were a good chance for a place in the team positions so a little bit annoyed at the outcome, especially as I've been preparing for this one for a while now. I was realistically hoping for sub 58 mins, now it just seems that I'm forever doomed to be stuck with a 10k Personal Best of 60.07 from my first ever 10k before christmas as there are no more chances before next years winter season. Anything else will have to wait now, with the National 20k's in London my next race in two weeks, got to knuckle down to Parish training again. at least the weathers good and I'm nice and rested after my preparations for this weekend.

       On a good note, Hull City winning against Doncaster means it could be another trip to Wembley as we're now only two points from sixth and play offs. Not keeping high hopes for it though, as being a Hull City supporter for forty years, I'm used to being disappointed. Funny how you never get used to that feeling.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, whatever you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment