Friday 24 December 2010

24th December 2010

      I got home okay, despite the country being covered in snow, the motorways were clear, and despite people crashing and jacknifing across the country, I managed a trouble free trip home. Despite this, I manage to get into my local, have a few drinks with a few friends, including my mates Arthur Guinness, and Jack Daniels, and managed to knock my knee in the pub. I don't know how exactly, just managed to wake up the next morning with a bruised knee, can't be straightened out, and any walking is to be slow and sure. So much for putting the car in the garage and waiting for next year!
     Christmas is a time for panic, last minute gifts, visiting relatives, getting things done, mainly lots of work to get one day out of the way. My "knee" injury means I have an unenforced rest, was meaning to get a 5 mile walk done each day, maybe will, see how it feels, but I was going to get an hour in each day only to keep myself fit. I have put a few pounds back on again, and one thing I mean to do before new year is to pass on how I managed to lose all the spare weight I gained. It's not a fly by night weight loss programme, just a sensible, common sense, and scientific way of losing weight whilst staying healthy.
     Going to enjoy christmas with my family now, have a few too many guinness, chocolates, chips, and other things that maybe I shouldn't, but then, what the hell, life is for living.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment