Wednesday 29 December 2010

29th December 2010

            I recieved an interesting message about microwave ovens. As with most people, I grew up with microwave ovens, accepting them as safe and normal. Interestingly, much research has been done on the effects of microwaving food. It seems that microwaving works by physically rotating the food molecules which causes friction and heats up the food. At the same time though, it destroys the cell walls of the molecules and reduces nutrients as well as changing in a way that increases radiation in the bloodstream, increases bad cholesterol, causes a reduction in good cholesterol, and reductions in lymphocites, the white blood cells key to the immune system. Studies have found that not only are nutrients in the food reduced, sometimes drastically, but also the blood of people who eat microwaved foods is affected.
            From now on, microwaving for me is an emergency only option, at least until I can do more research. Any recipes I post will have proper cooking instructions.

           I suppose I am susceptible to a little scaremongering, but I'd rather take the safe line, the bloodstream is the most important part of the body, and if microwaving food affects it for the worst, then I have to make time to cook food the old fashioned way.

The following link is to one of hundreds of pages warning of these dangers.

http://www.cam.net.uk/home/aaa315/healing/microwaves.htm

           In other news, Hull City drew 1-1 mainly thanks to an awful referee who didn't know the rules of football, it should have been a penalty blah blah blah................

Laters.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment