Friday 31 December 2010

31st December 2010

       Last day of the year, time for that blowout before all the new years resolutions kick in. High protein blowout for me, Bacon and mushroom omelette for breakfast, and Denise has got me a steak for later, (wonder what she's after, haha.) So out for a walk to get the metabolism into gear. I went for a walk yesterday with an old friend who was in a similar situation to me a few years ago. He's climbing up the corporate ladder but having all the expense account lunches on the way. Along the Humber, a footpath that (allegedly) crosses the country to Liverpool. Didn't go that far, but 4 miles took us far enough and as we walked back the fog suddenly cleared so got the above photo. You don't get that sort of view sitting at home watching telly!
      Anyway, I've given him a goal, and sometime in May or June, I'll be dragging him around the Yorkshire 3 peaks. I haven't done it for a couple of years, and as training goes, it's excellent! 25 miles, 3 biggest mountains in Yorkshire and a mecca for hikers, ramblers, fell walkers and the like. I'll have to keep an eye on him up until then, though, it's not for the faint hearted...


I'll be having chips with my steak, a baking tray with a tiny dash of olive oil in the oven until it's smoking hot, then throw the chips in (proper cut potatoes, not reconstituted frozen "chips") turning occasionally, and sprinkling a pinch of mild curry powder on them just before they're done. Healthy chips, who'd have thought it?

Happy New Year everyone.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment